Tuesday 6 August 2013

a cake affair

I thought I would take this opportunity to thank you all for bringing such yummy cakes to the class.
we've had sali's raspberry delight, Maureen's legendary brownies, bev's loaf, simoni's chocolate chia cake, denzil's yoghurt cake, biscuits from Katarina, carrot cake from Meredith, jans ring cake....( I hope I haven't left anyone out.....)
its always nice to take a break in the middle of the class and indulge in something delicious.
I'm more than happy to supply the cake but you always beat me to it.
 

well last week I baked a cake ( which is a miracle!)
you wanted the recipe so I thought I would post it here on the blog. 
 
Trumped up Carrot Cake
 
(see how easy it is!)
 
in a big bowl mix together
2 cups of grated carrots
I cup oil
1 cup whole-wheat flour
I cup hazelnut meal
1 cup oats
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of chopped nuts and dates
1 and half cups of brown sugar
3 eggs beaten
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp bicarb of soda
add sprinkle of chia 
1 cup coconut flakes
 
mix well by hand with wooden spoon.
pour into greased pie dish of baking pan. bake for 1 hour or more at 180 C.
 
( thank you mum! my mother is the best cook in the world., I am busy compiling a book of her recipes to be made into a book for Christmas.)
 
and most importantly - eat a big slice with your favourite tea.
and smile. 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment